The Children’s and Young Adult Literature Award -
- “Almost Perfect” written by Brian Katcher and published by Delacourte Press.
Four Stonewall Children’s and Young Adult Award Honor Books were named:
- “Will Grayson, Will Grayson,” written by John Green and David Levithan and published by Dutton “Love Drugged,” written by James Klise and published by Flux
- “Freaks and Revelations,” written by Davida Wills Hurwin and published by Little, Brown Co
- The Boy in the Dress,” written by David Walliams, illustrated by Quentin Blake and published by Razorbill (Penguin).
- “More of This World of Maybe Another,” written by Barb Johnson and published by Harper Perennial.
Three Stonewall Book Awards – Barbara Gittings Literature Award Honor Books were named:
- “Probation,” written by Tom Mendicino and published by Kensington.
- “The More I Owe You,” written by Michael Sledge and published by Counterpoint.
- “Holding Still for As Long as Possible,” written by Zoe Whittall and published by House of Anansi.
The Stonewall Book Awards – Israel Fishman Non-Fiction Award was given to:
- “Inseparable: Desire between Women in Literature,” written by Emma Donoghue and published by Knopf.
Four Stonewall Book Awards – Israel Fishman Non-Fiction Award Honor Books were named:
- “A Great Unrecorded History: A New Life of E.M. Forster,” written by Wendy Moffatt and published by Farrar, Strauss and Giroux.
- “Just Kids,” written by Patti Smith and published by Ecco.
- “The Right To Be Out: Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in America’s Public Schools,” written by Stuart Beigel and published by the University of Minnesota Press.
- “The Secret Historian: The Life and Times of Samuel Steward, Professor, Tattoo Artist, and Sexual Renegade,” written by Justin Spring and published by Farrar, Strauss and Giroux.