Booking Through Thursdays - Interview Part 2
Booking Through Thursdays! This interview is about me. My answers are in bold.
1. What’s your favorite time of day to read? Anytime really. I carry a book with me always...if I have a free minute I read.
2. Do you read during breakfast? (Assuming you eat breakfast.) I don't always eat breakfast, but if I do during the week or am alone on the weekends I usually do have my book open.
3. What’s your favorite breakfast food? (Noting that breakfast foods can be eaten any time of day.) This really depends on my mood, I love french toast,omelets and occasionally pancakes.
4. How many hours a day would you say you read? Between 2-4 hours
5. Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago? No, I read about the same, just different stuff. Being in school has cut into my pleasure reading so I am reading a lot of journal articles, and textbooks as opposed to novels.
6. Do you consider yourself a speed reader? No but I can read rather quickly given the time. When I have a lot on my plate I tend to not read as much, mostly due to overwhelm and an inability to concentrate.
7. If you could have any superpower, what would it be? I don't know but flying would be pretty cool, or teleportation, that might be equally as good.
8. Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go? Usually - sometimes I forget which bums me out.
9. What KIND of book? Any kind, hardcover, paperback or my kindle depending on my mood. I guess if I'm really stuck I could just download a kindle app on my iphone as well.
10. How old were you when you got your first library card? I don't remember but I have very fond memories of going to the library with my mother and attending their summer reading programs.
11. What’s the oldest book you have in your collection? (Oldest physical copy? Longest in the collection? Oldest copyright?) I'm not sure exactly but I have some from when my grandparents were young, and some from when my mother was a child. Longest in my collection? That would have to be my Uncle Wiggly book - I loved that book as a kid, not sure how I held on to it for so long but I did.
12. Do you read in bed? yep
13. Do you write in your books? Not usually, I'm not even a fan of writing in my textbooks.
14. If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be? Try every genre, even if you don't like it the first time try it again later, you never know what you will like and tastes change as do author styles.
15. What question have I NOT asked at BTT that you’d love me to ask? (Actually, leave the answer to this one in the comments on this post, huh? So I can find them when I need inspiration!)
Thanks for stopping by my blog! You're probably right about #14, but your answer is more in-depth! :)ReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by my blog! And high-five on the flying super power!! LOLReplyDelete
Thanks for stopping by on my blog! I think there's something magical about flying because a lot of people would like to try it.ReplyDelete
Mmm. Pancakes. I haven't had those in quite a while.
Having the ability to teleport would be pretty nice. You would never have to drive anywhere, and as somebody who hates driving, that would be perfect for me!ReplyDelete
I know what you mean. When I forget to grab a book to take with me, I get so upset with myself :)ReplyDelete
Ohhh, teleportation = win!ReplyDelete
God, I feel so pathetic for never having a library card when I was a kid. I am there at least twice a week now. I'd live there if I could. :P
Great answers! ♥
I'd so like to be able to teleport myself everywhere. Also, a good advice in #14. Thanks for stopping by!ReplyDelete
Flying? Really? We can already fly in an aluminum tube with stewards and stewadresses and beer and ... mmm... beer, and you can READ on a plane. Try that with your superpower, and you will be in power lines in no time! As for breakfast, nothing beats steak and eggs (Over very easy) and Tabasco all over and a great cup of coffee all of which is eaten out of doors! Great, now I am hungry. Stupid blog!ReplyDelete